Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I now welcome the apocalypse.

I have this sort-of tradition with a friend of mine where we go on walks at the park track at night and talk. This is typically followed by a trip for delicious frozen yogurt. We strongly believe in re-consuming any and all of the calories we may have burned during our walk as soon as humanly possible. I love these walks! We have the greatest time creeping on people whose lights are on with their curtains open, searching, or rather sniffing out the mysterious grape cloud that seems to have a mind and will of it's own, moving other track patron's items after they toss them to the side and continue with their run (my personal favorite), and we have great conversations. I look forward to these almost-nightly adventures with great anticipation. However, as fabulous as our previous capers have been, I do believe that tonight takes the cake.

We spent a good chunk of the evening running away from zombies. I kid you not.

Now, I'm not the zombie fanatic in my family; that role was taken on and has been very well upkept by my older sister. I'm not into the whole zombie movie genre (like, at all), zombie video games, and I consider the zombie version of Pride & Prejudice to be completely and utterly unholy. That being said, I downloaded a zombie game onto my phone this evening.

Ha. By far the greatest app currently to be found on my phone! It taps into the GPS system on my phone and plots my location (very accurately, I might add. we're talking to the meter here.) on a map. I pick my destination and the game shows me where the zombies in my infested neighborhood are, and I get to determine the best route to avoid them and arrive at my safe spot, well, safely. I swear to you I have never had so much fun running aimlessly around my neighborhood. Or so it may have seemed. Little did those high school kids doing drugs on the park bench know that they were surrounded by brain-hungry zombies and we were just running and screaming to safety.

This is definitely going to become a regular activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment