Monday, October 11, 2010

Double 10 Day All the Way

I love Double 10 Day and the fabulous chinese food that my family makes every year. Today was even more delightful because it was, in fact, Triple 10 Day. Only happens once every hundred years, so hooray for that! However, what I loved even more than the food and the rarity of the occasion were the people I shared it with. I absolutely adore my family! They really are my favorite people in the world. Brother and sister-in-law came over, and I love seeing them! (Especially brother, because I see Ali quite frequently at work. Because we work together.) Anyway, we had the greatest conversation after dinner, it started while we were all in the kitchen washing dishes and putting food away. Topic of the evening: dreams. More specifically, nightmares.

I wasn't aware of this, but it seems that my family member's dreams are just as vivid as mine. There are so many details in my dreams, and when I remember them, I remember every little thing. This is somewhat a blessing and a curse. A blessing when it is a good dream and I have fun when I retell the story. A curse when it is a nightmare and I wake up in a cold sweat, freaked out of my mind. Like last night. Basically, I watched a girl get bit and eaten alive by a ginormous snake. Woke up at about 3am with her red, tortured face in my mind's eye and her choked, gasping and wheezing breath ringing in my ears. Ha. Delightful experience, let me tell you. According to my little sister's interpretation of my dream, I'm the girl and Satan is the snake. So I feel like Satan is swallowing me whole...? Not quite sure about that one... So the majority of the rest of the evening was spent telling tales of flesh-eating demon babies and Canadian border police driving Hostess trucks. Again, I just love my family.

I treasure nights such as this, spent in laughter and happiness, and dread the days when they won't come as frequently.

3 comments:

  1. Whatever. You're totally sick of seeing me ALL THE TIME at work.
    ;)

    Honestly, though, that conversation is one of those memories that I'll hold on to forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. When I walk in and you're working, it's like THERE she is. AGAIN. I just can't get away!

    ReplyDelete