Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Holy Hannah

Goodness; that was a tough run! Great, but tough.

I have to listen to music when I run. Not just any music. It has to have a really heavy beat. Preferably a fast one, too. But it can't be obnoxious like rap. I need it to help me put one foot in front of the other. My music is my motivation.

I asked a friend about music that's good for working out a couple of months ago. He gave me an artist to look up. I have never heard of them or the genre. Didn't look into it, promptly forgot about it.

As the weeks go by, the running gets a little harder. Granted, my endurance is definitely building, but sometimes I really need that extra push to get me through my regimen.

Ah, yes. That extra kick in the backside would be new music!

I remembered the artist Kevin told me about. Skrillex. Ha. Apparently of the genre Dubstep. No idea what either of those words mean, but I got on Rhapsody tonight and downloaded all of songs (except for the gazillion remixes) onto my Fuze.

Oh. Boy. I started running and pushed play. It's total rave music. And I love it. It is EXACTLY what I needed. Super heavy, fast beats that kicked me into high-gear interrupted intermittently by catchy melodic tidbits.


Can't wait til I've got the Fuze on shuffle and it goes from Italian opera to this stuff...



It's my new secret weapon against tired legs and abdominal cramps. I'm excited to break it out again on my next run.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't good music make such a difference? I think it's why I love Zumba so much- the music makes me smile and keeps me energized!

    ReplyDelete