Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

Long day today. Work. Home. Work. I'm not really loving my life as a poor college student... it's not so fun. Definitly miss the days when I had money! Ah, but more of them will come. I'm sure of it.
However, long as the day was, I did manage to squeeze in a visit to Barnes & Noble. Two new books today! So, so exciting. Recommendations from my boss: The Help and The Gurnsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society. Finished up Blink (by Malcolm Gladwell, a MUST READ. Top 5 for sure!), then started on the potatoe book. Too soon to issue any sort of verdict, but there is a line in the book that I completely related to and made me excited to get to know this character. That quote is as follows: "That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive - all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment." How delightful! I feel a kindred spirit in this fictional character. (I love it when that happens, makes me feel very confident about my social health) I really do see no end in sight, I love reading far too much to give it up. What a fabulous ray of sunshine in my day.
Just remembered i forgot about a paper that was due yesterday... hmmm.... I should get on that. I have a feeling the fact that my professor also happens to be my cousin isn't going to save me on this one. Nor should it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's one of my very favorite things about books, and especially talking about books with like-minded people. "Oh, you liked Austen? Well, have you ever tried Gaskell? Yeah, I really loved Ender's Game. You should pick up the Vorkosigan series!" Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete