Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good thing it still runs...

I am a fan of Thanksgiving. Oh yes, I am.

Contrary to popular belief, the mashed potatoes are not my favorite thing about it. (they're my second favorite)

I love the time I get to spend with my family. I love my family with all of my little heart. They are my best friends and they are always there for me. I am thankful for each and every one of them. My extended family is also very much a part of those last few statements.

Thanksgiving this year was celebrated with my father's side of the family at our house.

Because of that, of course everything had to go wrong. A few weeks ago, the upstairs washing machine decided it didn't remember when to stop filling up with water, so it overflowed into the laundry room and flooded the room below it. Onto the drum set in said room. Delightful!

A week or so after that, I was craving one of my delicious, delicious popsicles. I opened up the freezer and pulled out the box. However, inside this box I did not find my beloved popsicles. I found little plastic bags full of strawberry juice and a stick floating around. Also a puddle in the bottom of the box. The fridge is broken too! Awesome!

Where are we going to keep all of the food for the upcoming feast? That is the million dollar question.

Then the ripped carpet on the stairs was discovered. And dad needs a new car because his was totalled in an accident. (stupid druggy motorcycle man trying to run away from the fuzz. moron.)

Despite all the madness going on, dinner was pulled off without a hitch. My mother is Super Woman.

I was in charge of the mashed potatoes and jello salad this year. My two favorite dishes. Really though, my jello salad is a bit inappropriately named. Definitely more of a desert than anything else...

12 people were at dinner this year, and we had food for 30. Part of which were two turkeys... yeah... Still working on those leftovers.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving this year was my Uncle telling me that if I'd get up to Logan, he'd take me shooting. (basically, he's the best and has a wicked gun collection.) Couldn't be more excited about that. Really, I can't wait. I've wanted to go shooting for a looooong time.

+1 foot of snow on the ground this morning. I need new snow tires. And a new bumper. 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. Gurrrrl. I have connections in Logan. Road trip?

    -H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! That would be the best thing ever. I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete