Friday, January 14, 2011

An epiphany

I came to a realization today. Would you like to know what it was? I shall tell you.

I am going to be poor forever. What a depressing thought.

Unless, of course, I'm able to marry a fabulously wealthy man. Ha. I once had a patient at work tell me that's the fastest money you'll ever make. The money you marry into. Great conversation and he had a point; that whole what's yours is mine thing is a fantastic concept.

I just have really expensive taste. I can't help it. It's a gift and a curse. On one hand, when I'm picking out something for another person for their birthday or Christmas or even for just because I know they'll like it. This is the gift part. Actually, I take that back. It's a curse as well; I have far less of a problem with spending my money on other people than on myself.

Someone please explain this to me.

To date, my most expensive habit is MAC make-up. The stuff really is fantastic. And I didn't even know it existed until April 2010. Thank you, Annie for introducing us. The greatest love affair of this century. I'm not going to admit how much I've spent there since April, but it's a lot. A lot.

Thank you to brother and sister-in-law (mostly sister-in-law) who decided to challenge me to stay away from MAC for 3 months starting January 1. I can totally do this, but it is OH SO painful. Especially with the line they launched on the 6th. They took all the colors in a peacock feather and turned it into make-up. You would die if you saw it. So gorgeous.

Shoes would be next on the list of things I spend too much money on. Followed closely by glasses. My 11 pairs of glasses. Uh huh. This is a problem.

Good thing that's the first step...

I need to find some other ways to relieve stress, cause this is just too pricey. My poor wallet needs a break and I have a surgery to save for.

I also want to be able to move out at some point in the not too distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment